Saturday, November 10

Scars Remain, Wounds Reopen

I haven't blogged in quite awhile now.
I've been living in my own bubble for the past week.
It seems I have made comfort in keeping to myself.

But as usual, it's the weekends & that's unavoidable, having to go to fellowship & church.
I actually kind of wish at times I didn't have to, so I could enjoy the solitude of life permanently.
I even thought that maybe if I was to keep to myself long enough, I would forget how to socialize.
But I guess it's nice to step out of my cocoon & share with you guys once in awhile.

Pain is an undeniable thing in the world we live in.
Pain when our nerves inform our brain we're pushing our bodies beyond physical limit.
Pain when our minds cannot accept situations at hand.
Pain when we know we have no purpose in life.
Physical, mental, & spiritual are some of the many pains we encounter.

It's something we're all accustomed to.
In this world we live in, it's everywhere, everyday.
Some struggle through it, some overcome it, some are shattered by it.
But at the end of the day, most of us try to avoid it.
That's because we weren't made for pain.

As a result, scars are left as a reminder.
They remind us of the pain we've gone through.
Scars remain one way or another.
They serve as a reminder of how we were able to overcome pain.

Before scars are able to settle, we must be wounded by pain first.
Wounds prolong pain. 
They also serve as a reminder of how the pain was caused.
It helps us learn not to go back there again.
Wounds take time to heal into scars.

Once we've wounded ourselves, the pain opens our eyes to what's real. A lot of the times, what wounds us in the first place seems complete harmless, seems legit.
But once we've been wounded, we're able to see that it really wasn't, it was exactly the opposite. The pain acts as reminder that it really wasn't so great.
Sometimes, that's not enough though.
Though we're wounded, we're blind to the pain. It accumulates.
Until later, when the wound gets so big, then, we're finally able to feel the pain.
At that point, it maybe too late though. The wound may be so great, that it will take an immense amount of time to heal.. or it may not heal at all.

Wounds are weak patches.
Scars remain reminder of strength, over the once weak patch.
But for a scar to form, the weak patch must first be healed.
If we keep wounding the weak patch, the wound will grow bigger, it'll become weaker.
All it does is prolong the time it takes to heal.
Pain is also prolonged.

Scars are good reminders.
Wounds need to be taken care of.

That’s all.
Until next time,

Godbless~

Saving Grace - Flyleaf

Change My Life - Ashes Remain

Wounded - The Letter Black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers