Monday, November 19

Unconditional Love

Great love setting the world on fire, I am in awe of who You are, And it's Your love I'm living for
Great love filling me up inside, You are the one I'm looking for, And I am Yours forevermore~
- Great Love, Flyleaf

We're nothing in comparison to God.
A speck of dust in the expanse of His universe.
A feather tossed around helplessly by the ocean.

Whereas He's everything good, everything true, everything wonderful.
He's infinitely greater than the universe. Which we cannot even comprehend.
He controls the ocean, every current, every tide, every wave with a word.

But with all the power He holds, He still looks on us with love, with compassion.
Think of it.. with everything He has, everything He can do, everything He is, He still thinks of us. Doesn't that just blow your mind away?

Despite my filth, He's willing forget about it, & give me a chance to enter into His presence one day, to see Him face to face.

That's what really brings me down to my knees before him.
What tears me apart, what snaps me back into reality.
The fact that I'm so filthy, & even though I continue to fill my life with filth, God still loves me.
He still loves me unconditionally.

It's an amazing aspect of His love.
I'm pretty sure, for most of us, it's extremely hard & maybe impossible to love unconditionally.
Would you still be able to truly love someone that intentionally caused you grief everyday? Even though they know you try to love them, to forgive them, to give them a chance, they don't care & just keep hurting you anyway. Would you still be able to really love them at the end of the day?

God doesn't love us because He is love & can do nothing else.
He doesn't love us just to 'maintain a reputation'.
He loves because He wants to, because He can & He does so with no regrets
He loves us sooooooo much that nothing we do is beyond His forgiveness.
Nothing you do can make Him love you less.

If you're struggling with sin at this moment.
Take a moment to just think about His love.
Though you're doing what He hates most. Though you're displeasing Him. Though you're unworthy of His love, He still loves You. He sees through all your filth, your dirt, your regrets, & sees you worthy of His love!

Doesn't it make you want to flee from your sin & get closer to Him?
Doesn't it create a need to worship Him, to acknowledge His greatness?
Doesn't it completely humble you?
Doesn't it make you want to learn to love Him?

His love is great.
It's the greatest.
But is it unrequited at this moment?

Godbless~

Great Love - Flyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers