Wednesday, January 16

Dreadful Moments

Well yesterday, I had my first ever job interview.
I'm happy to say it went way better than expected.
All thanks to God~

The weird thing though, was that I was hardly nervous at all.
As I sat in the car waiting to go in a bit early, I wasn't shaky at all.
As I sat in the corridor waiting for someone to call me in, I was all but slightly shaky.

I really should have been shaking my socks off.
I was going to be talking to a stranger for 40 minutes sraight.. which is something I would never do out of my own choice. I have to admit that even having a 'planned face to face conversation' with a friend would make me extremely nervous...

It really reminded me of previous times I've felt so extremely nervous that I felt like 'dying on the spot'.
Like waiting at AA last year to be called to sit my restricted test. I just didn't want to sit the test at the time with all the stress I would have while driving for the whole test. But at the same time, what pushed me on was the relief of all that stress being lifted from me after I endured the test. And also along with the relief  the chance of passing the test.
The most memorable 'shaking moment' in my life would be the time I sat my grade 8 piano exam. I remember my body shaking uncontrollably during the whole exam. It wasn't a pleasant experience at all as my hands were shaking as I was trying to play the pieces & scales. But likewise, what pushed me on was the feeling for relief afterwards & getting it over with.

But yesterday, when I sat there waiting to be called in for the job interview & realized I wasn't very nervous, I came across this idea. If I'm not nervous at all, then I won't be able to have the amazing feeling of relief afterwards.. This would then defeat the whole purpose of doing something so 'extremely out of my comfort zone' right?

After the interview, I was relieved.. only slightly.
I wasn't able to experience the huge relief of having undergone stress for a long period of time.
I'm thankful for not having been nervous, but at the same time, I kind of wished I could have been so I could have gone through something hard & come out of it with comfort~

In the same way, I feel that's what it's meant to be like for Christians in this world. Since we're God's family now, it's meant to be hard in this world, it's meant to shake & bend us, but not to break us. We're fully equipped to stand strong, to endure the stress the world gives us.

At the end of the day, in the same way, we'll be relieved.
Only this relief will be so much greater than what we experience in our everyday lives. It will be the last relief from our hardship, it will be full of triumph, glory, & joy~

But remember, to experience the full extent of this relief, we must first go out of our comfort zones in this world & stand strong Jesus' name so we may bend, but not break.

Until next time,
Godbless~

Psalm 73 (My God's Enough) - BarlowGirl

Modern Age - Anberlin

Someday - Disciple

1 comment:

Followers