Tuesday, January 22

I always know exactly what you need, even when you don't know for yourself

I was initially going to a different blog post today. One I've been holding off for a long time, but events that arose today really made me feel I needed to share those experiences first, while it was still fresh in my mind.

So today, two pretty big things happened.
I got informed whether I got accepted for my first job & also, my CIE exam results came out.
In both events, I may have not been entirely happy at first, but looking back, I can honestly say that God gave me exactly what was best for me~

So firstly, with the job.
Nope, I did not get it.

But it's not all bad.
I did get put as a reserve.
Which still means I'll be able to attend the training sessions for the job and get paid for it as well!

My initial purpose of trying to find a job was actually to finally start earning a little bit of money outside of the house. So even though I may not earn as much as a reserve, I'll still be able to earn a little just by being trained for the job. On top of that, I'll also be able to learn some new skills just by going to the training. It feels like a win-win situation if you ask me.
It'll also allow me to have a bit more room & time to focus on my last year of college this year.

So even though God didn't grant me what I desired, which is to get the job,
He gave me something in turn which seemed much less to me, but was actually so much more in purpose for my life, & for the good of my relationship with Him.

What struck me more badly today though was my exam results.
I got nowhere near good.

I really don't know what made me so confident that I'd get decent results with my lack of study last year. I wasn't actually worried at all about my results when I really should have been. Now I think back, I was proud, I was lazy, I was an idiot.

I thought I could get somewhere in life just by lazing around, I thought I could misuse what God's given me. I was completely wrong~

I have to admit I deserve these bad grades.
As the Bible puts it:
"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." - Galatians 6:7

I was quite shocked at first at what I got.
But as time went on, I could really feel God's comfort.
"It's not the end" He reassured me.

Though the grades may be considerably bad, I'm really grateful God didn't make them any worse than they already are. As I think about it more, the numbers perfectly suit my situation.
They're very bad, but not so bad they're nonredeemable.
God has given me a chance.

God hasn't abandoned me.
He hasn't thrown me down a pit & left me with no way out.
He's punished me, but He's left enough for me to start again, to redo what I did wrong.

As I reflect on these two big things that arose today, I can truly see that God will almost never grant us what we want. It's because He knows that it's not the best for us, it won't help us to get to know Him better & have a better relationship with Him. But He will always give us what's best for us, which will always come by surprise to us, but will most definitely help us see how He works a bit better so that we may know & be able to carry out His will in our lives~

Until next time,
Godbless~

Change My Life - Ashes Remain

Mystery of You - Red

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers