Saturday, February 2

For What It's Worth

♫ Gold, gold, bones, bones
And all that useless
Gold, gold, bones, bones
Where did you bury your heart?

As some of you may know, I really wanted to get a job during my long summer holidays, but came up unsuccessful. Now that I think back, there were two reasons I wanted a job, experience & money.

I never used to think much of money.
I guess I've gotten up to the stage in life where money starts having a grasp on me. The things I could do with money, the securities it could give, the feeling of accomplishment when obtained.
I can start to see what other people see in money. The billionaires that just can't have enough of it, the people on the streets that use their last bit of energy to beg for money, or the people that have a main goal in life of getting rich. 

Money gives us a really strong stance in this world. 
Along with large amounts of money comes power.
It gives the feeling of being able to do anything, of breaking boundaries.
But only in this world.

My family always been extremists in the area of saving money.
Anything that had value & came free would be something sought after.
They always made every effort to eliminate unnecessary spends.
I have to admit some of this influence has clung to me, & I'm glad it did.

Ever since I changed schools in 2010, my parents have had many arguments over money matters. Having to pay from $100 for school each year to around 15k really wasn't the biggest comfort for them. But they did it because I wanted to have a better education.

And you know what? For the past 2 years I've been at this new 'flash school', I've taken every cent for granted. The thought of my parents having to pay this large sum of money actually hadn't occurred to me  at all these past 2 years.

I really feel ashamed.
Everything I have is physically from my parents.
They had to do all the work on this earth to try & bring such joy to their child.
And the whole time, their child has just been taking it for granted.

So I've decided, when I get a job with a constant income, I'm going to save 10% of it for my parents. It's seriously the least I could do, I really should be giving them 100%, but 10% is what God has moved me to do so far.

I'm quite sure I'm going to be able to get a job of tutoring kids at my school weekly, so with that money I'm going to save 10% for my parents.
So if you're reading this now, you hold me accountable for this.

It feels that to do most things nowadays money is required.
With my dream of studying/living in America, a huge amount of money is needed.
To attend Christian events or music concerts, money is required - most of the time.
Even to support international artists, the only way is to buy their CDs & merch, with money.

Money is the currency of the world.
I really don't think money is earned by the jobs we have or what we do though.

The reason of not enough money may be holding us back from many things we may want to do now. Maybe it's just hard luck we can't find a job, or maybe it's just a stupid dream. "How on earth will I get enough money to do achieve this & that".

Maybe it's not's God's will.
Even if you strive so hard to get some money, it doesn't guarantee anything. God could take that money away easily. God could ruin whatever you may be planning to do with the money. 
God controls what money can't.

But on the other had, maybe it is God's will.
We are just yet to discover it is.
We may have nowhere near the amount of money on hand to do what we want right now. But I believe, if God approves so, He'll just as easily provide you with the money.

I feel that money is purely our way to get through this world~

It's not what we should treasure in this world.
It's not where we should find joy in this world.
It shouldn't be where we place our hope.

Money is purely what God has given us to accomplish what He has planned for our lives. 

Maybe He'll grant us with an excess amount to find a bit of happiness, but we should remember the greatest & truest happiness is found in Him.

Maybe He has given us lots of money, more than we need & we have it all stored up at the moment. We shouldn't place our security in it, we shouldn't even value it at all. We should know that God has given us this to keep, to look after, & maybe to give when it is needed.

So no matter how hard we work in this world, or what great feats we may achieve we're still not guaranteed large sums of money. We will be rewarded though, for all the hard work, but maybe not now but later, in much greater riches.

If we remember money as tickets from God to get around this world, we'll have nothing to worry about. God will provide us with the tickets for the places He wants us to go & the things He wants us to do. He may also occasionally provide us with a ticket to have fun with, to enjoy the beauty of this world. 
But when we try to obtain tickets to places or for things that God doesn't want us to go or have, or when we start storing up tickets just to have a good stand in this world, that's when things to wrong.

So I really hope this may help you to see money in a different light. 
In a way that lowers it's value but also heightens the value of trusting God in our lives.

Until next time,
Godbless~

Bury Your Heart - Flyleaf

Money - Brian 'Head' Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers