Sunday, February 24

The Trailer at the End

Well the past few days have been quite a ramble for me. With school life, badminton & church commitments I was already very busy. But then on Thursday I was rung up & asked if I was interested in taking up a Census job.

I wanted it at that time, but at the same time I knew that it was a huge commitment & wasn't going to be a small job. With all the other things that kept me so busy, I was really unsure about it. But in the end I still took it up.

I've learnt that there's a certain capacity of commitments, jobs, or tasks we can take up.
We cannot have too much, as the more we take up, the more that we will give up as well.
We don't have all the time in the world to do everything.

The things that end up being given up are like a trailer at the end of a long train of our tasks or commitments. They're normally the things that have the least importance or are lowly prioritized. As we add more 'carriages' onto our schedule, the tiny amount of time we have forces us to let go of that trailer at the end.

I have to admit my trailer at the end has been spending time with God. As I took up the job, I continued to get loaded with homework & with tests to study for; I gradually spent less time studying God's word & talking to Him.

It really shows where my priorities are.
I'm more scared I'll get in trouble by teachers or flunk my tests (as I already have this year) than being spiritually deprived.
I've even put checking twitter or facebook before God, as I've managed to fit in a few minutes every now & then to make a tweet but I haven't managed to study the Bible these past few days.

We all most definitely have a choice of how we prioritize our things, of what gets placed at the end of our lives. I'm sure if we learnt to do so better, much of our time spent procrastinating will to turn less.

Also, as we learn to put a high priority on things of more importance, they'll be done first & before all things with lower priority so we don't have to worry about finding time to fit it in.
In my case, if I work hard to put spending time with God before all else, I won't have to worry about not doing so everyday as it'll be a 'must do' thing & everything else will fall in place around it.

So as we continue to live our lives, I pray that we may learn to prioritize our lives according to not what we think will be important, but what we know is more important.

And I also pray that above all else in our lives, God may be there at the front, so everything else may fall into place perfectly~

Godbless~

Circle - Flyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers