Friday, August 23

I'm glad I'm Christian - not anything else

Lately, I've been having a craving curiosity of other religions, especially ones that are closely linked to Christianity itself. It's been a nice journey to see that even though some friends may have many little differences in their beliefs, they are still saved. Wholly 'cause of one thing - Grace.

It has also been quite shocking in some cases to see how some people have decided to create for themselves their own standards, own doctrine, & own ideas when the truth is plainly clear in the Bible.

There are many examples I could give, such as additions to the Bible claiming to be legit or having to go to a 'cleansing place' after death in preparation for heaven. But there's one that really stood out to me.
When I read it, I instinctively thought, 'I'm so glad I believe in Christianity'. It's the belief that Jesus' death wasn't sufficient for us to be accepted into heaven, that along with it, we must also be good.

Grace just wouldn't make sense if we had to be good. It wouldn't be grace anymore right?
Us being able to earn our salvation almost degrades God into someone lower, someone insufficient to allow us passage into heaven.
Christianity defines grace~

We are saved for doing nothing, for missing the step. It is all because of God's choice we are saved. Nothing we do, nothing we don't do can separate us from grace.

I really couldn't imagine having to try & sustain a 'good life' for the sake of a blissful eternity. My life would just be completely miserable & depressing from failing to do so all the time. It just wouldn't work no matter how hard I try - we are broken.

But with grace, we can be assured we have already been saved.
And purely because of that, we naturally have a desire to please God, which means living a life that is 'good' in His eyes. We'll still fail, but we won't be at loss as we are already saved & we will know that in Him we can always seek forgiveness.

I would also like this to be an assurance though. Even though there's many other religions or denominations out there that may do some things wrong or have the wrong idea about some things, at the end of the day, none of us are perfect right?
Salvation is based purely upon grace which is not about what we do or our mistakes, but it's solely in our acceptance of Christ for all He's done for us.

I hope that we may all continuously remember the common joy we have that has already been poured out freely amongst us & also to remember that we'll never be good enough, but we know that He is~

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—" - Ephesians 2:8

Until next time,
Godbless~

Still - Light Society

God I Hope So - Remedy Drive

Imperfection - Skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers