Tuesday, September 24

The Comfort of Fear

Legs trembling, heart pounding, I'm in fear.

What started off as a simple ambitious goal has now become one of the greatest challenges I will ever face. I am yet to know the result of it, but even though there is a fear within me of what may happen, this fear is nothing compared to how excited I am.

So this week is officially my last week of high school - ever.
So as a 'celebration', I've decided to finish it off like how I started it.


Five years sure goes by very quickly.
As I've changed schools now, it wasn't easy finding a good spot at my new school. I ended up finding a pipe that runs up to the top of the second story, but after a test run, I wasn't satisfied - I wanted a greater challenge.

I didn't know what I was up for, I still don't, but I've pretty much sealed the deal for myself.
One of the stunts I've decided to do is to jump off the ledge of the second story, which is a good 4-5 metres high I believe. I actually haven't had a look down from the top yet, & I don't exactly plan to until I have to do it. This will be by far the highest I have ever jumped off, but I really feel I can achieve it, & if I don't, at least I overcame my fear right?

Fear actually didn't come instantly.
I was only extremely excited for the first half of the day. Then as I realized that I actually desired to do it, I started to think into it more. The tiny ledge I'll be standing off, my half fear of heights (how ironic), would I come out unscathed? These little worries created something alot stronger - FEAR.

Fear can be treacherous.
It constantly leaves one in a zone of discomfort & uncertainty. All they can hold onto is their purpose, passion, & what confidence they might have. It makes one restless, unstable, despairing.
But combine it with hope it becomes one of the most wonderful things ever.

Fear, once overcome, helps us grow. It pushes past the limits we may have on ourselves. It gives us greater confidence more things. It'll make it harder for us to reach the point of discomfort. It makes it better.

Fear can sometimes seem impossible to overcome though, but with the help hope driving us, it makes it so much more worthwhile & possible.

Until next time,

Godbless~

Believer - Audio Adrenaline

Dangerous - Group 1 Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers