Tuesday, October 15

Haven't Done This in Awhile

So I signed up for a short term mission at the end of the year.
And I got asked to submit a 300 word testimony.

The last time I did one was when I got baptized, around four-ish years ago?
Now that I think back to it... I didn't even know what I was writing... *laughs*

But now I do, so I would like to share.
Enjoy.

"I pretty much grew up in a typical Christian family. I don’t need to go into that too much. I accepted Christ when I was 9 & got baptized when I was 14. It’s all pretty generic.

I had my struggles, but when I was young it didn't mean too much. I just repented & carried on with the breeze of life back then. I felt close to God.

But as I grew up, life got harder, things got weirder, it wasn’t as breezy anymore. I was in uncharted waters – dangerous seas. There was such a vast place to explore, & explore I did. That’s when I started drowning without knowing it. Slowly I started chasing after the things the world loves, cheap relationships, desires of the flesh, & a life apart from a God. I was staggering around blindly in a dark world during that time.

But things changed.

I fled.

With some peace & quiet, some time to think for myself, I came back to knowing God. But things didn’t get a whole lot easier, in fact the struggles felt greater. I actually had a responsibility when I fell short now – I felt guilt.
Throughout this period, I really struggled whenever I sinned. I hated myself. I took breaks from God cause I felt unworthy. It ended up tearing me apart once again.

Only until recently, have I truly come face to face with what Christianity’s all about.
It’s exactly about how weak, unworthy & corrupted with sin I am. But it doesn’t end here, it’s also about how strong & worthy God is, & also about how such a perfect God would lower Himself down to our sinful filth & drag us out. 
Christianity is about Grace.

From here on, I finally got to know the true God.
The loving & ever forgiving God that wants to pick us up each time we fall – we only have to let Him."

Godbless~

Only Grace - Matthew West

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers