Saturday, September 6

Final Testament Part III: Living a Lie

I am sorry.
I didn't come out about this earlier.

I'm sure I will have hurt many of you.
I have lied, I have let you down, I have deceived.
No apology can make up for it.

But I am deeply sorry.

I was arrogant.
I didn't know how to stop until it was too late.

Oh how glad I am though, that I am finally willing to open up about my choice.
 Even though it's probably far too late.

Those Sundays mornings, going to church just to follow a family tradition.
Feeling so out of place during worship.
Praying with generic Christian phrases.
Trying to inspire others when I was so uninspired.

Lying right to your face.

I was scared.
I was unsure.

Was it possible to change what I was born with?
Was I allowed?

I was stuck in my own pride.
Everything I'd built when I was so convicted would come crashing down.
Everyone would see the truth.
See who I really am.
Mask off.

I was trying to find an easy way out.
To let time provide an escape.

But no, it was all wrong.
And I see that now.

I hope we can still be friends some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers