Sunday, December 7

Life Update on my Blog? What is this?!

Well this is long overdue.
There's so much I want to write about, but so little time.
I've hit the point where I need to write something, or else I'll go insane.

I'm in Hong Kong right now, and will be for the next month more.
Even though I'm supposedly on a holiday overseas, I have very mixed feelings of my experiences. But before I get into it, I'll just update you guys on my pretty boring holidays so far.

What follows is pretty much all that has happened to me in the past month or so. It's been so uneventful that I can actually list out...

So out of University, into the dreaded holidays:

Mockingjay Part I came out.
I went to the midnight release with my family as it has seemed to turned into a tradition to do so. If you didn't know, I was a fan of The Hunger Games before the movie fandom, which I think matters. (no spoilers ahead)
It was a good watch, not as good as the first two (which were reaaaaallllly good), but good.
My thoughts? I think it was like meant to be like a predecessor to the finale of the series to make it extra epic, so all of the action will follow in Mockingjay Part II whereas most of the talking preparations was in Part I.

Then another midnight release the night after.
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
Yes, a new Pokemon game, cause I'm a cool nerd that way.
These games are a remake of an old game with all new graphics, mechanics etc. I was pretty hyped about it as was an avid player of the original.
This game was pretty much the thing I hinged the rest of my holidays on, I was expecting to be able to play this for the next three months to fill the huge void in my life.
To cut it short, I don't think it's going to happen.

"Bye bye life" 

In between, I did some more meaningful stuff.

Before Pokemon ORAS came out and I lost my life, I got to catch up with a really good friend of mine, the type of ideal friend where I can talk to about anything. It was really refreshing and well needed.

Also caught up with the guys at church the day before I left to Hong Kong. I'm glad me leaving church hasn't left a hole in these friendships, these guys are by far the people I could relate to most at church back then. We pretty much gamed most of the time, had dinner, AND took a walk to the beach afterwards - which is something out of the norm, and turned out really great.

After that I ended up catching up with another good mate of mine. (yes sorry, catching up with friends are such rarities in my life that they're worth sharing about). Ended up bowling and playing pool with him cause we couldn't figure out what else to do. That went till 12am and I had to wake up at 3am for my flight the next morning. Well worth it though.

So Hong Kong. I'm frankly ungrateful my parents can afford the ticket for me to go overseas to Hong Kong. But I kinda had to go as my Hong Kong residency requires me to step into the country every 3 year at least. Oh, and also cause we hadn't seen my family there in 3 years.

I wasn't exactly looking forward to my trip.

The day after I got there was my birthday. I got to go to places for free so I went to Ocean Park. Wrong choice - the place was crowded as hell, I hate crowds.
I tried my best to enjoy the day nonetheless. Got to see quite a few different animals, including penguins which I recently just studied about. Oh and also my favourite red pandas.

Hi. 

Since then I've just been wandering shops in Hong Kong and slowly killing myself.
Well I'll get to that, but it seems this "update post" has become a substantial blog post in itself.
So,

Until next time~

We'll Make it Someday - Vocal Few 

1 comment:

Followers