Tuesday, April 9

#sickofit

Are you sick of it? Raise your hands,
Get rid of it! While there's a fighting chance.
Are you over it? Bored to death?
Have you had enough regret? 
Take a stand, raise your hands...

Skillet's new single 'Sick of it" finally came out today!
For the past few weeks, the title of the song has been trending on instagram with people expressing the different things they're sick of in many creative ways. 

There's something I've been completely sick of as well lately.
I've been wanting to do one for a while now as a Skillet fan, but I've had so many other priorites, but today I had an extra urge to do one.

















The Flesh.
I've had so many struggles with my flesh lately.

Laziness, desire for wordly pleasures, pride, disrespecting myself & possibly others.. the list can go on.
I'm sick of it.

There are so many things we're sick of.
As with the #sickofit trending on instagram, we can see all the many things people are sick of nowadays.
Abuse, hopelessness, fear, violence are some of the ones the Skillet members did themselves.

Why are we sick of these things?
What's wrong with war, violence, abuse, hatred, and all the other many things?

They all cause problems either in our personal lives or in the world around us. They're all things that cause many bad things to happen - the disasters & tragedies we see today.

It's really cool to see that so many people are #sickofit

But for most of us, it seems that's where it all ends.
We make a stance, a proclamation, but then we become silent once again.

Will that make a change in the world?
Will it cause all these bad things to diminish?
Most probably not.

In my case, I'm sick of my flesh.
If I had a stronger stance against it, if I knew how to control it better, if I had a closer relationship with Christ, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be sick of it.
But now that I'm sick of it, I share it, I say it aloud, will that give me better control over my flesh?

I need to do something about it.
I need to fight~

In the same way, we're put into this corrupted world with so much evil that makes us sick. 
We're all different & we have different kinds of things that we're completely sick of.

We also have the Creator on our side to make a stand against these things though. We have been given the power to make a change. But at the same time, we also have to remember that we cannot make a change by ourselves, we must follow His guidance, as we may end up trying to make a change out of hatred of these things.

Using hatred to fight hatred only bears more hatred. Just like fighting fire with fire.
But if we fight all these things out of love, it'll be just like putting out the fire with water, which soothingly puts out the fire & makes everything better in a nice way.

So today, I'd like for us all think about it..
What are you most sick of at this moment in time?
Are you willing to make a stance against it, knowing you have been given the power to do so?

Godbless~

Sick Of It - Skillet
(Too bad I didn't make it onto the video ><)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers