Tuesday, December 18

Top 7 Songs (2012)

It was really hard to pick 7 songs, since different songs has it's different impacts on different seasons of my life. These are 7 of the songs I feel that has impacted my life the most. I ended with a list of like 40 songs which I had to condense down to the 7.
I've included a list at the bottom of songs that almost made it onto the list.

7) Paralyzed - Love and Death
I actually saw the lead singer Brian 'Head' Welch give his testimony & perform at Parachute Festival 2011. I regret not having been a fan of his music beforehand now. This guy knows all about how dark & broken this world can be, as he was part of it once; drugs, sex, fame etc. Now he has been saved by Christ's grace, he does an amazing job reaching out into those dark places. I really love this song as it's very expressive & has helped me realize 'I'm at my end' alot of the time & that I desperately need God~


6) My Disease - The Letter Black
Though this might not be a typical type of song a band of Christians would make, & may even leave some puzzled, it still sounds amazing! I have to admit I was a bit puzzled at the lyrics at first, but as I continued to listen to it, 'reverse psychology' came into play. It really reminded how sometimes I may get so annoyed at God's plan for my life I think of Him as 'my disease', but at the end of the day, that's most definitely not true.


5) You Call Me A Bitch Like It's A Bad Thing - Halestorm
I know.. I know.. why on earth is a song like this on hear right?! Well welcome to the dark side of me. This song has really kept me longing to listen to it more no matter now much I listen to it, especially the chorus. It's just so addicting.. The lyrics do have some influence on my life though. It really helps me to not try to impress anyone, to be myself, no matter how weird & queer I may be. I really hate having pride in myself & this song really helps me keep going no matter what others may think.


4) Fight Inside - Red
This is one of those songs that really pierced right into the core of me when I needed some music. The music, lyrics & message is just perfect~ Definitely worthy of this list! Michael does a really good job of singing a nice song AND screaming amazingly at the same time. On top of that the guitars, piano, strings, drums & all the other instruments just work so well together to make an amazing song. Most definitely one of the best songs all time!


3) I Will Destroy The Wisdom Of The Wise - ABFPB
The intro itself is just amazing, yet the whole song in itself. The title of this song actually introduced me to a verse in the Bible I've never come across before. 'For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." - 1 Corinthians 1:19 NIV. As the song gets going, at around 1:35, it just sounds completely amazing! The sound of it cuts so deep~ One of my favourite lyrics all time comes from this song, "God is real and we stand strong". It's very straightforward & so true. It reminds me that no matter what, if I place my faith in God, I cannot be shaken.


2) Song and Dance - Write This Down
This song is a perfect combination of a mellow time with some screams & a nice rock rhythm. I really love Johnny Collier's voice, it's so perfectly raspy allowing him to scream & sing nicely at the same time. This song speaks to me in a way that really warns me not to have too much fun in this world. That there are many temptations & opportunities for Satan to make us fall into his grasp. It reminds me that true joy, fun & comfort is found in Christ~


1) Breathe Into Me - Red
Hehe.. here we go.. my all time favourite. Another of RED's songs. Again, just as Fight Inside, everything works so perfectly together, Michael's voice, all the instruments & the lyrics. It's a perfect song to listen to when you feel weak & beaten up by Satan & the flesh. Not much to say about it, just that it's really helped me pick myself up when I'm at my end & has really taken me far in life. It has been my all time favourite song for a long time.


Here's some songs that almost made it onto the list~
Never Alone - BarlowGirl
Forever - Fireflight
Saving Grace - Flyleaf
I Miss The Misery - Halestorm
Even If - Kutless
Not Without A Fight - Pillar
Out From Under - Red
Pieces - Red
Open Wounds - Skillet
Stand In The Rain - Superchick
Don't Stop The Madness - Tenth Avenue North
Hold My Heart - Tenth Avenue North

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers