Monday, December 10

Utterly & Absolutely Clean & Pure

Fire rages, faith is crumbled, tragically, yet love remains
Restoration, built on ruins, hope still lingers in this place 

Something hit me.
After I fell badly again.

Normally, I mope around in my sin for quite awhile.
I turn my face away from God because I'm so ashamed of what I've done. I feel so filthy that I can't possible ask for His forgiveness at the moment.
Time passes.

Then, after some considerable amount of time, I turn to God.
I ask for His forgiveness. I turn my life around. I start striving for Him again.
Did that little 'waiting' in between clean me?
Did it make me more acceptable in God's presence?
Now that I think 'bout it. It surely didn't.

What I realized, is that Jesus died for us.
Died.
It's past tense, meaning it has already happened.

When he died, all our sin was washed away.
We were made pure, given a second chance to be with God one day.
It's happened already.

So even though I sinned, I did such a detestable thing in God's eyes, I've already been made pure in God's eyes.
I've already been washed clean. I can seek God anytime.

Waiting, pondering on my sin was a complete waste of time.
I could have gone to God right after I sinned, been forgiven & continued to live it all out for Him right away. But instead, I wasted time getting nowhere closer to God.

♫ You're beautiful, though you're ashes, you'll not waste away
You're beautiful, let your eyes see life with scars, not decay ♫

We've all been made clean despite our sin.
We've all been made acceptable to God despite our flaws.
We've been redeemed.

Also, keep in mind that Jesus died for all our sin.
Every single one.
No matter how great, how concealed, how disgusting.
You've been made free from it.

So no matter what you've done, how many bad things you may have done, it's all been forgotten.
God has decided to give you a chance. A brand new, mint condition, clean slate to live your life on.
So don't let your sin pull you down.
It's all been forgotten by God.
It's up to you to forget it & get over it now.

You may be on the wrong path right now, doing the wrong things, stuck there. It may be hard to rid yourself of such things right now. But Jesus died for you, you've been made clean already.
Now it's up to you to do something 'bout it.

Would you rather keep lingering in a world & it's things that will surely pass?
Or would you like to accept the eternal life that Christ died for so that you could have?

Godbless~

♫ When the darkness overwhelms you, and you feel like no one cares
Do not fear, there is a God who loves you and He is taking your hands 

Beautiful Ashes - Eowyn 

Pure - Superchick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers