Saturday, September 1

Eat This Scroll

I have have been reading through Isaiah, Jeremiah, & Lamentations for my daily devotions recently, and i have to admit i haven't benefited much from it lately, due to morning fatigue and just.. stuff.
Well today, I opened the Bible with the usual attitude, that i wasn't gonna benefit much from it, but then i read this.

"And he said to me, "Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll;" - Ezekiel 3:1a

Eat this scroll? Seriously? I had a good laugh over that. Probably one of the best "lol" moments I've had from the bible.
Well as i read on, there was actually a meaning to it.

"So i ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth." - Ezekiel 3:3b

That is pretty amazing right? This is paper we're talking about.
Just these three verses was enough to make me think, give me a wake up call to reading the Bible.

Would you have eaten "the scroll" if you were asked to? It'd seem extremely stupid right?
But from this, we can definitely learn lots of things about God.

First of all, what God may want from us, at first can seem completely absurd from our point of view, such as eating paper. But if we are willing to lay down our perspective, trust God completely, it will always go good with us. Just like how the scroll tasted like honey, Ezekiel didn't suffocate from the paper or anything, it tasted "as sweet as honey". So even though what God wants us to do, or is taking us through right now seems completely ridiculous, God definitely is in control and wants us to taste the sweetness of his honey.

Here's a song that's quite relevant :)

This also was a wake up call for me though, the incident of these verses have clung to me the whole day. I can actually remember what i learnt this morning, instead of completely forgetting it the minute i close my Bible each day.

It's truly amazing seeing God present in our lives. Even though i haven't thirsted His Word as much as i should be lately & i haven't done anything about it, He comes to me in the end.
Don't get the wrong idea here, we shouldn't wait for God to come to us, but remember, God will never forsake us, He's always watching over our lives.

Hope this helps to some extent, Godbless~
Oh also, Happy Spring! (for the southern hemisphere i think)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers