Wednesday, September 5

Measure Of Pain~

Have you ever thought of how much pain you can endure before you collapse or exceed your "limit"?
I'm sure you wouldn't want to.
Is there a limit to how much pain one can endure?
Not very pleasant thoughts right? But pain is something we all must live with.


In Anthony Horowitz's book, Scorpia Rising, the most interesting thing that caught my attention was how the antagonist tries to invent a way to measure pain.
Just like how we can measure basic things such as length, temperature, & time with it's respective units, he tries to create a unit and a way to measure amount of pain.

What would that mean if the magnitude of pain received to one had a set number? Would that mean that we could know how much pain we could receive before we cannot take anymore?
Probably so. We would be able to measure the smallest of pains, such as paper cuts, to the pains that pull us apart, such as close ones passing away & extreme injuries.

Most of the time when we think of pain, we think physical, but there are also so many different types of pains, most of them are actually non-physical. In the book Scorpia Rising, the protagonist, Alex Rider is captured and forced to endure mental pain. He gets bound up and is forced to watch his closest friend kill herself unintentionally. Even though he walked away with no physical scars, he was completely broken, emotionally.

Pain is a way of breaking down ourselves & recovering into something stronger. This can be applied to many contexts, from having a broken heart; where you'll have learnt where you went wrong & become stronger, to the intentional physical pain when working out, which builds stronger muscles. There may be some pains that just seem impossible to recover from, but it's a matter of fact if you're willing to pick yourself up and learn from it.

Pain is something we have to deal with in our daily lives. Even though we cannot measure how much we can endure, we are assured that we will never be given so much pain we cannot endure.

"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.: - 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13



So as you continue to live your life, don't let pain get the best of you, instead try looking forward to it, trusting God with whatever He makes you face. As after you endure it, you'll be amazed at what you managed to get through, and also it'll have made you stronger.


Don't Stop The Madness - Tenth Avenue North

Addicted To My Pain - Seventh Day Slumber

Godbless you in whatever pains you may be going through at this moment.
Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers