Tuesday, September 18

Sparks of Optimism

To be honest, I have been extremely worried about getting worried lately.
The worry I'm worried about being worried about is about my CIE exams coming up in four weeks & my lack of study at the moment. I really should be worrying about them, but I have just become so lazy & carefree lately, the pressure still hasn't exactly gotten to me. On the other hand, being worried will definitely put me under pressure & cause all sorts of discomfort. What good it will do though, is give me motivation to study. Nonetheless, with four weeks to go, I said to myself "I must start in one way or another now", so this week, I have been making extra effort to stop being lazy.

Well today, like most days, I woke up with an unsatisfactory amount of sleep. I had to strive through another loooonnnnngggg school day. And at the end of the day, despite my fatigue, i forced myself to go for a swim, so I could have the satisfaction of doing something productive. That completely tired me out, & once I got home I decided to take an hour long nap. When I woke up, I was not refreshed & probably felt even more tired.
This wasn't looking good for me at all, how was i going to get anything done in a condition like that.

Despite all this, I had a sudden "spark of optimism".
In reply to a text, I was made to think positively for a split second. Just this in itself was able to completely wake me up. Something in me clicked, I regained my motivation to study, I didn't feel lazy anymore.
It's truly amazing how such little optimism can bring out so much good.

It may be very hard to stay optimistic at times, I know.. It isn't impossible though!
You also may not want to be optimistic, sometimes thinking too positive may cause more pain when things don't go too well. But just as good is always over bad, God over Satan, so is optimism over pessimism.
I just thought I'd share a few ways you that could possibly help you trigger the "spark of optimism".
- Make it a habit. If you're used to being optimistic, it shouldn't be too hard to find a little when needed.
- Have positive peers. Sometimes, what our friend's say may have never occurred in our tiny little minds & can inspire us in amazing ways. Quality friend's are important.
- Believe in yourself. You have been made of goodness, there IS goodness in you. It's just a matter if you're willing to seek it or not.
- God is good. EEEEEEVERYTHING~ God does is for our own good. (I can't stress that enough) It may not seem so most of the time at the instance, but i guarantee you, when you look back you'll be amazed at His plan for your life. 

From the Bible, in James 3:3-5 it shows how the tongue, such a small part of the body, can do such huge things. In the same way, such small goodness can fill us with passion to do great things.

"When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark."

Not only can small sparks in goodness completely change us, it can most definitely bring goodness to others too. Even though it may not seem to have benefited anyone at the time, if everyone produced little sparks that have the potential to set a whole forest on fire, this could completely "set the world on fire"

So as you guys continue to live your lives, I hope you're able to stay positive no matter what life throws at you, & be sure to share your "sparks of optimism" wherever life may take you.

Godbless~

Let The Sparks Fly - Thousand Foot Krutch
Hehe, not completely relevant, but it's the only song I could think of :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers