Thursday, October 4

Digging Deeper Down

He had a mask on.
On it were two big round eyes, the sort they drew on manga characters. They were so unmistakably cute that one glimpse would leave you thinking how vulnerable & innocent he was, without even a need to converse with him. With the mask on, everything he did seemed so pure.. so robotic at times, as if the mask was wearing him. The mask seemed to make him inhumane, almost angelic, as he never showed signs of hatred, lust, or impatience. Sometimes though, as the mask slipped a little, a glimpse of something dark could made out. But a split second later, the shimmering angel standing there would leaving you rubbing your eyes, wondering if you were just imagining things.

He returned to his lair, checked thoroughly around him, and removed his mask.
At once, all light present squirmed away in terror, leaving a shadowy silhouette in it's place.
In this abyss, none of his features could be made out clearly. What could be made out was though, was completely monstrous, beyond all terrors that could have ever been someone's greatest fear. From dim red eyes full of hatred, to the black shredded up wings of what could have once been an angel's, every aspect of him screamed evil. He could never look at himself without be ashamed what he had become.
This was who he was.

I am very unhappy to be blogging about "the hole" again.
But after spending the last two nights in a row digging deeper & trying to find more worldly pleasures, I have finally come to this realization.

From what started as a grotesque sin I was trying to avoid, it has now almost become a habit in my life, a necessity to my daily living.
ALMOST.

Sin is what separates us from God, it's what left us with no hope.
But after Jesus took upon every sin on himself, we have hope.

This time, after I sinned again, I could no longer even ask for God's forgiveness.
I felt so filthy I just couldn't.
My mind was clouded with absurd thoughts that I was so shocked I could even think of such things.
I was hardly even conscious I was sinning anymore, it had changed me.
I had become nothing but a monster.

This is what sin does to us.
We can either choose to continue on this road with no hope whatsoever, or to accept the hope we have already been freely given.
All we have to do is humbly ask, to commit ourselves to our Creator.
The choice is yours.

Godbless~

Monster - Skillet
(I've seen them live, just saying)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers