Tuesday, October 2

Happens in a Blink

Music is such an amazing thing in life.
I truly thank God for giving us humans the potential to make such good sounds.
Especially the people that are willing to commit their talents to the Lord.
Christian music is such an important aspect in my life~

Well as I was listening to my local christian radio today, I heard one of those nice songs that just make you want to really search it up.
So that's what I did.
It was "Blink" by Australian christian rock band, Revive.
When I searched up the lyrics, it was amazing how it was more or less a reflection on how I was feeling right at this moment.

This song, to me, is basically about how life can go fast & we should really treasure every moment.
In comparison, my time has gone extremely fast lately, & I've been wasting every moment.

As some of you may know, my first externals (exams) are in a bit more than a week now, meaning I definitely need to be studying intensely.
Since I slacked off  in my mocks a few weeks ago, I kinda have to make up for it as well.
I still remember telling my friends after flunking mock exams that I'll definitely study hard out in my holidays. They were like "you'll probably end up slacking off again like everyone does". Which is like solid truth for us teens nowadays.
But I was so pumped to pick myself up that time, I was like, "I WILL force myself to study no matter what, just watch me".

Well as it's pretty obvious, two days into the holidays, I've managed only like.. 20 mins of study.
Pretty good huh?... Not.
God even gave me a good nights sleep last night & let me wake up refreshed and not fatigued at all today. (a miracle for me)
Result of that?
I completely wasted my whole day, making a huge effort to avoid study.
Well I succeeded.. unfortunately..

Now I feel completely guilty, worried, & extremely annoyed at myself.
I prayed for God to help me study, God answered my prayer, I didn't study.

To best honest, I haven't even had the motivation to blog, I've just once again wanted to completely relax & avoid anything that required effort.
But then I heard Revive's "Blink" on the radio & had a look into that.
It's truly amazing how something as simple as a song can change our whole perspective on things.

Well as I've told myself many times now, I'm going to definitely start my studies tomorrow.
Hopefully this time will be different, I will put it into action too.

I also hope that after reading this, you guys may not make waste of life like I have done.
God is definitely here for you on life's road, you just need to ask Him for help. Also, don't think that once you've asked Him, you can just sit there & watch Him work, you have to put some effort into it too.
It is definitely worth it.
It may seem extremely hard & you may feel completely lazy at the time, but once you've managed to work hard, you will definitely be happy of the results. You won't regret putting the effort in.

"A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." - Galatians 6:7b-8

Here's Blink by Revive:

It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life?

I pray that we may all continue make good use of this gift of life our Father has given us.

Godbless~

2 comments:

  1. I love that song! I listen to it all the time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow awesome ^^ can't stop listening to it too now.

      Delete

Followers