Sunday, October 14

Just Take A Step Back

Ohk. I admit it. I have been in a "void" for the past week or so..
You could probably tell already.. from my past few posts..

This type of void -
"Something experienced as a loss or privation."
Yes, I've been deprived.
Deprived of life, of hope, of God.

I received a message of hope today though, in the midst of hopelessness.
I couldn't even pick myself up anymore, but God could.
He showed me more of what He's capable of, what He does.

The pastor said today that alot of the times in the Bible, God uses people who have fallen badly, who been unfaithful to Him, as servants for Him.
That really carved itself deep within me. It gave me hope, gave me a will to change, to reconcile with The One who I was starting to think I couldn't go back to anymore.

So now that God has given me a clearer mind, I would like take a step out of this void and share some things.

We are all humans.. (well hopefully you are, if you're capable of reading this)
All we are, are some cells perfectly designed, specialized for different functions, bunched together into a distinguishable "human shape" & given a soul.. That right?
Of course not, we are more!
But sometimes, this is actually all we allow ourselves to be..

We're weak. We're given choices & we make the wrong ones all the time.
We do bad things, whatever the reason being, we all do at some time or another.
We have bad thoughts, we have a desire for worldly things, we aren't perfect.

We weren't meant to be like this.
We are made in the image of God.
We exist because God loves us.
We are God's children, He is our Father.
We are made "good" in the eyes of God.
We are destined for eternity with Him, an eternity of no more pain, sorrow, or tears.
All of us.

But yes, sin came into the picture~

You know, we're really not that vulnerable to sin, we're more than capable of fighting temptations.
But sin makes us vulnerable to itself, we let it.
We have a soul, we have feelings.. emotions.
Satan loves tampering with them.

Emotions are such a broad thing.
There's so much to it, anger, joy, depression, some of the words we've made to describe them.
But we really can't exactly describe them most of the time. You can't ever put a finger on an emotion & be like "I'm feeling exactly happy, at.. '10 degrees' this moment."
Every emotion is different, two people can both feel happiness, but it won't exactly be the same.
Emotions can be nice, the blissful feeling of success, happiness, serenity.
They can also be disruptive, the burn of anger, uneasiness of lust, or the hint of envy.

Emotions in one way or another affect every one of our choices in life, the decisions we make, things that define us. So in a way, are emotions themselves making the choices for us?
Definitely not!
We definitely have control over our emotions, we decide how much we ponder on them.
After all, we're not emotions; emotions are part of what we are.

The "bad" emotions, anger, lust, envy etc. are all "sparks of sin".
From here, we can choose to ignite these sparks, or put them out right away.
Satan just loves it when we allow it to ignite; he will tell you every lie to convince you.
Don't let him; He wants you to be ruined.

"When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8:44b

Sometimes, we can let emotions get the most of us.
They can be a cloud, blurring our mind's vision.
They make people, choices, or even sin seem perfect at particular times.
This happens when we've allowed the emotions that brew up inside of us to control us.
Have you ever bought something that seemed amazing at the time, then realized after a while that it really wasn't that worth it, wasn't really that great? Or made a choice, which seemed perfect, then afterwards realize it wasn't the right choice?
That's exactly what I'm talking about.
These emotions are temporary, but can have a huge impact in our lives.

Take a step back, before it's too late.
Emotions will narrow your vision, deceive you.
Take a step back, see the bigger picture.
You'll see more than just you & this "perfect choice".
Take a step back, now make the choice.

Our minds, thoughts, desires are limited by our emotions, by our sin.
Only God, and Him alone can see the full picture.
Once you're able to widen your vision enough, seek His guidance.

His Word lasts forever, it's truth.
Decisions we make may give us temporary happiness.
They will also cut God out of the picture alot of the time.
But at the end of the day, true happiness is found in the Lord, & it lasts.
That is what makes us more than a bunch of cells & a soul.

A Bullet For Pretty Boy's "The Deceiver" is an amazing song that really reminds me to "take a step back" frequently. If you don't mind some hardcore music, feel free to check it out. Here's the chorus.

"Just take a step back,
And look in the mirror.
I don't recognize the one who's looking back.
Just take a step back,
And look in the mirror.
I don't recognize myself.
Who is this deceiver?"

Also, just a mini continuation of yesterday's post.
Yes, it was written with emotions clouded, but it was also truth about me to some extent.
I really do think that relationships can be quite a "hassle" to maintain. Like if I don't talk to someone in a while, then it'd normally be pretty awks & hard to talk to them again. I even said I don't need any love, now that's just hypocrisy. This is coming from me though, someone that's pretty anti-social.
But yea, with eyes unclouded, I can see that God has put some of the relationships I have in a life for a good reason. So I do treasure my friendships for all of you out there~

It is a pretty long post, I know.
If you did manage to make it this far, I really hope it helped in some way or another.

As you guys continue to live on, I really hope you may be cautious of our emotions clouding the decisions we make. Remember, only God can see the full picture, & you can most definitely ask Him to reveal it to you. All you have to do is seek it.
I also hope you may acknowledge the most important decision we have to make in life. I pray that if you haven't made it, when it is time, you may do so with a clear conscience.

Godbless~  

Icon For Hire - The Grey

1 comment:

Followers