Saturday, October 20

You're either for, or against

Ahh sorry guys, I haven't been able to blog as frequently lately.
Been trying to study for my exams.

Well I just thought I'd like to share what I've learnt from my experiences this past week or so.
I'm really happy to say I've managed to resist "the temptation" more often now, thanks to the grace of God. But that's more often, not all the time. So here's what I'd like to share.

After the whole ordeal of me flailing around with my life, I knew I had to make changes, or it'd keep getting worse. That's how the devil works, the more you give in, the easier it is to do so. So I've been making extra effort to find more time to spend with God lately, and I can say it's one of the best ways you could ever spend your time!

Life becomes so much more colorful, every aspect works fits together so much better, & most important of all, I wake up every day with a purpose to live.

But then I failed.
I tried spending more of my life with God.
I hadn't completely let go of the world.
It's like filling up my life as a "cup".
I filled up most of the cup with God, but I didn't fill all up to the very top.
As a result, I left room for the world in my cup, & it filled in my gap.

God and Sin do not go together at all.
It's either one or the other, you just cannot have both.
As more sin got into my cup, God started draining out.

I started having less of a desire to seek God.
I once again felt ashamed & didn't talk to Him as much.
I woke up again guilty of my sin, without purpose for my life.

This is how destructive sin can be.
The devil will try to convince us that he can offer so much more than God.
That's obviously a lie.
God graciously opened my eyes to the pleasure I had when I decided to search Him.
So yup, that's by far the better option, and it's definitely the truth.

"a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time," - Titus - 1:2

May this be your prayer today.
"I pray that You may show me how the pleasures of this world are nothing compared to seeing You face to face one day."

"He who is not with me is against me," - Matthew 12:30a

Yup, as Jesus said, there's no neutral.
You either love God, or you don't.
There's no loving God half-heartedly.
It's a complete devotion, a giving of your all.
So are you with Him, or against Him?

Until next time,
Godbless~

It's a pretty old song by them, but nonetheless, the chorus is so good!

Stay Close - Fireflight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers